Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Seeking Advice: Top 3 Australian Universities for a 1 or 1.5 Year Master's in Structural Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumCoder

Structural
Apr 19, 2024
AU
Hi guys, I recently completed my undergraduate degree and have been working in the field of structural engineering for the past two years. I'm now planning to advance my skills and knowledge by pursuing a Master's degree focused on structural engineering.

I'm currently based in Perth, WA, and am open to relocating, particularly to the eastern states, as I understand some of the best engineering programs are located there. However, with the recent purchase of a house, my savings will cover the mortgage for only one year, so I'm ideally looking for a 1 to 1.5 years Master's program.

Could anyone recommend universities known for their strength in structural engineering? I am looking for a program that balances theoretical knowledge with practical application, preferably with industry connections or internship opportunities.

Additionally, if there are any fellow engineers who have gone through a similar process or have insights on balancing studies with financial responsibilities, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to the University of Western Australia. My friend said the locals go home at 2pm and the Chinese grad students, who carry the program, stay until the work is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back