Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Seeking for Telecommuting for Engineering Problem Solving and/or Innovation On Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechTronApps

Industrial
Feb 2, 2023
US
Hello, could anyone inform me about companies or R&D labs or whatever, that they might be interested in giving me the chance to attempt to invent solutions for engineering problems they are working on, and in case they approve the solution that I might send them, to reward me monetarily, accordingly?
Otherwise, is there any Internet market of demands for solutions to engineering problems and/or to requests for innovations under specifications?
Any general advice on and/or around this subject would be much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just a total guess, but perhaps something related to new patents. You would avoid the cheesy companies out there that like to prey on individual inventors, but maybe look for some outfit where you could work with inventors to iron out the specific engineering issues of a new product.

John-Paul Belanger
Certified Sr. GD&T Professional
Geometric Learning Systems

There was a company that hosted a website where problems could be posted and engineers would, I guess, bid on coming up with a solution.

Otherwise, I think that in general, it's unlikely that were would be problems that a single engineer could solve; almost all products are a compromise between competing constraints and disciplines.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back