Selecting Gearbox - Motor - Cost 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elta

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2002
US
Hi Everybody,

I am interested on a material (article) that talks about the selection of Gearbox and Motor in relation to the cost (or size) for a specific load. More precisely, that gives an advice on the optimum selection of both unit. This can be grouped in gear ratio's or torque, etc. Thanks for the assistance.

elta

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Elta,

Most gearbox manufacturers will have catalogs that give step by step instructions on selecting the right gearbox/motor combination, for your specific application. My personal favorites are SEW Eurodrive and Boston Gear. Both companies have extensive lines of gearboxes to choose from. The SEW catalogs are laid out so you can make your selection in many different ways (i.e. output torque, output speed, etc). The matter of cost comes down to contacting your local power transmission distributor. They can point you in the right direction if cost is the limiting factor. All these resources are free of charge and you will find most PT distributors fairly helpful. You might also try for articles on gearbox/motor selection.

[atom]

Rich.... Richard Nornhold, PE
nornrich@redrose.net

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your advice. Actually, I am looking for information in the form of table or chart that shows the comparision of cost (energy savings or unit price) vs the torque or gear ratio separately for different gearbox, motors and gearmotors. Indeed, the unit price for a specific configuation (HP, torque, etc..) differs form one supplier to another, but can be grouped by ranges (for instance for certain gear ratio ranges the average price or cost of energy will be that much, ...).
Thanks again for the help Rich. If there is someone out there who can be helpful in this is very appreciated.

Elta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back