Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting surface for creating interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhavi27

Civil/Environmental
Jun 27, 2008
DE
Hello can anybody help me:
I wanted to model soil-pile system.I have a total soil part which i got after merging 4 different parts.Now i want to create interaction between the pile and one of these 4 parts.Here i need to select a surface which is not in the outer boundary of the merged part.Instead it is a internal surface.Is it somehow possible to select it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How can it interact if it's internal? In which direction is the outward normal?

In any case you can select internal surfaces. There is an option when selecting surfaces to select any surface behind the point you have clicked on so that each of the surfaces are shown on the screen in turn, whether they are internal or external. Select which surface you require.

corus

Thanks Corus,
Actually im new user of Abaqus.Im making my model in 2D-axisymmetric.
In my problem i have two steps.In the first step i have only soil.Here i should calculate the stresses under its own weight.In the second step i need to take some part of soil out and insert there a pile.So i need to create interaction between pile and soilsurface which is actually a internal surface in first step .In 2D this surface is as a internal line.

I couldnot find the option you wrote.I found 6 options to select surface:1.select the entity closest to the screen. 2.select from exterior entities 3.use rectangular drag shape 4.select entities inside and crossing the drag shape 5.allow preselection during picking and 6.show isolines on selected faces.But i couldnot solve my problem with these options.

Please suggest me .
Thankyou,
Madhavi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back