Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

selecting tet10 for solid meshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressengineer26

Aerospace
Jan 12, 2015
US
Hi All,

when we select tet meshing for solid meshing, does it automatically use tet10 elements to mesh the solid or is there some option to select tet10 elements specifically. if that's the case, how do we select tet10 elements for meshing. I tried looking for any drop down list or something in the dialog box but couldn't find it. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think it'd probably default to TET4s (like it defaults to QUAD4s on surfaces.

Then I think modify/element/mid-side nodes will convert to TET10s.

Also I think most FEA codes will understand that you've defined the vertices and it needs to interpolate the mid-sides (since the mid-side nodes are defined by the vertices). so maybe just change element type to TET10 ?

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Hi
I think that TET10 is often the default. I have seen a checkbox where I select mid-side nodes (or not) in that means TET10 or TET4.

Regards

Thomas

Hi,

Tet10 is the default, most FEA software won't orient the user towards tet4 which are frowned upon in the mecanical world.
If you want to make sure FEMAP will build parabolic elements, when you create the property, and click on the "Elem/Porperty Type..." button ==> look at the top of the "Elem/Property type" window and check the "parabolic elements" checkbox.

AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back