Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Selection Highlight delay in drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBOLD

Mechanical
Jan 15, 2009
US
We have recently upgraded to NX11.0.0.33 from NX9 and have experienced an issue in drafting while selecting items.
When selecting and item to either view dependent edit or to add a dimension the item selected does not highlight at times and when it does the delay is longer than expected. We have tried changing the ROLLOVER DELAY (Selection Preferences)time to Zero and it seems to have helped at times but does not appear to have fixed the problem. We suspect it is a hardware issue but wanted to know if there are other settings that may need to be adjusted.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I'm not mistaken, that's like the first release of NX11 - if the above doesn't resolve your issue, you may wish to install a MP or the latest MP of NX11.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

I would suspect this to be a graphics issue and not "NX bug".
If you are running a certified graphics adapter, try installing a different driver. - Preferably from the list mentioned by Cowski.
( also certified drivers can have glitches like this on specific computers. )
If not running on a certified graphics adapter, mention the type in this thread, possibly some other user can help in recommending a working driver.

Regards,
Tomas

Don't panic, there's a part 2 which doesn't involve surgery!

I've seen this problem happen when space mice have gone out of calibration. It was also once caused by some dust under the cap.

If that's the issue, re-calibrate / clean and plug back in, and all is well.

NX 8.5 with TC 8.3

second Carls post, I have seen cases where NX was trying to preselect while the user was moving the spaceball, the result was jerky movement and delayed /jerky preselection.
That particular case we solved by setting a slightly larger preselection delay.

Regards,
Tomas

Regards
Tomas

This issue was definitely not caused by a space mouse since the original user that discovered the problem hates using a space mouse and does not have one (I can't comprehend this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back