Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SEMI F20 VIM/VAR Ultimate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeydog

Aerospace
Jul 15, 2002
US
I have this spec on order, my company works slowly for me to receive it.
Can someone tell me what the Yield and Ultimate values are for 316L in this spec?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Same as AMS5653. This material seems to be a double vacuum melt form of 316L, and normally there is not much difference between the simple yield/ultimate tensile properties of air melt and vacuum melt materials. The real difference between the two is in their fatigue properties and reliability. The vacuum melt material is cleaner and will have far fewer defects like inclusions that can result in fracture failures.

I received my copy of the SEMI spec. I want to clarify to anyone who may have a casual interest in this thread, the spec calls out ASTM A276, ASTM A240, ASTM A269 and ASTM A632, with no modifications to yield or ultimate stengths.

This spec requires remelted material for micro-cleanliness reasons. This is for components in semiconductor processing equipment.
There are similar specs for medical implant devices.
One note, these very clean stainless alloys can be extremely difficult to weld. They often have very poor weld fluidity.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back