Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Semi-PLM with catalog file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costin Ruja

Electrical
Oct 19, 2011
RO
Good evening guys,

Do you you think it feasible to "develop" a semi-PLM approach to managing parts using a BIG catalog ?

Our construction methodology is pretty modular, granular and with a lot of products that share the same common topology. I don't want to carry (send to directory) these ones from project to project and I would like to get rid of some of this work.

I am having lots (in the tens, maximum 200-250) standard parts and products.

Bolts, nuts, washers are common stuff and i am using a catalog with excel approach.

With a careful file and folder management I am trying to extend this to simple standard products (ex. flange with gasket, studs, washers and nuts) and also single standard parts.

Other chapters will include powercopies, part and product templates.

Anyone else using this approach ?

Best regards,
Costin Ruja

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We manage something similar for reuse components and standard parts. For each new component we get automatic part number. All the data stored in database with links to a drawing and image. All standard database methods are applied on catalogue (search, update, delete,create). No part image on screen (Connected to different DB)
Untitled_vqbaex.jpg

App developed by me. We don't have PLM so I had to develop some like you said semi-PLM.

Regards,
Jenia Ladkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back