Semiconductor handbooks and book of circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrodh

Electrical
Aug 20, 2021
US
I am searching for two types of books:

1) A book that discussed the various types of semiconductor devices in existence, their applications, basic design equations, key plots, etc. I don't need or want a book that dives into device physics, just high level operation that can help a designer to know what devices exist and to help isolate components that will perform specific tasks. There are so many different types of semiconductors and know what they do, when to use them, limitations, etc can be very time consuming. I feel like design guides or handbooks like these would have been fairly common in the 1970's or 1980's.

2) A book of circuits that have already been invented and proven to work for various applications. I know I've seen a few in my university library, but no longer have access to them. I feel that they were fairly old (1970's/1980's) before everything was listed online. I remember seeing a few books that were about 1000 pages long and literally each page was a circuit with a brief description of its operation.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeah - I have that same problem. I have about 10,000 books in my collection and when I ask for any that are missing people never guess the right ones. What's wrong that people don't play that game correctly?

I find spending hours on used book sites or the Library of Congress is a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back