Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

sensers and communication for automated cattle trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Agricultural
Mar 9, 2018
AU
I am designing a automated cattle trap and would like advise on motion sensors and communication and automated of gate . The idea is that the system designed has feed in it and when the cow or cows go in it can close one gate and open a nother gate and the system knows from sensors when this has happened and then reset its self for the next cow . The other idea was to have the system set up to satellite phone and with sensors set alarm to your sat phone and with cameras be able to open and shut gates from phone. Any advice would help .

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Might look into stepper motors and Arduino. Maybe using a laser for the trigger sensor. Look into envirodiydotcom. They have an Arduino based board called the Mayfly. It has solar charging capabilities and built in connections for xbee radios. If you are looking a diy solution, this is where I would start. I am currently using their board in a water sensor build. I will also be using one to run stepper motors for an automated soil sampler that I am currently building.

Good Luck

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back