Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SEPAM connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanleed

Electrical
Jan 18, 2021
GB
Does anyone have any tips for connecting to a SEPAM using a USB-serial convertor?
We have a mix of the old PS2 mini-DIN plug and mini USB front panels. I can connect to the mini USB no problem, but trying to connec to the mini DIN ones? Can't get it to happen. I have done in the past, but I'm sure I had my old telemecanique USB-serial adaptor, which has now been stolen. I've bought about 5 different adaptors in the hope that one of them will be the magic one I need. I've tried different cables from it to the SEPAM, but still cannot connect. The Schneider technical help isn't particularly helpful, they say all my setings are correct then they give up.
I though it might have been because I was using a VM on a macbook pro, so work bought me a nice shiny new lenovo P16 Gen2, still doesn't work. Tried the standard work lenovo, doesn't work; tried the Siemens PG with a native serial port- still doesn't work.

I've tried various port etc. settings in 5 different SEPAMS using all the variations of adaptor and cables I can do. Still can't connect. I have thought about just throwing the laptop at one of them and then swearing at it, but decided against it.

I've looked for the old telemecanique adaptor, but can't find one so need to work with what I have.
Please, someone, help me in my quest to connect.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back