Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serching in Catia V5 Assemblies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catusr

Automotive
Aug 21, 2001
US
Hello,

I am working in Catia V5. I am working with a huge assembly that has 40+ sub-assemblies in it. I spending a lot of time searching for parts within those assembles. Is there a eay to search for a part fast. I tried the search function and that takes way to long. I was thinking of the power input zone. It will not let me cut & paste text into the power input zone either.
The assembly is also all in German, is there a Language translater in Catia to translate the text to english.

Thanks in advance

Catusr

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you can do a name search in the power input zone.

n=*abc* will search for parts with abc in the name. I think you have to be in the Assembly workbench for this to work.

Hi,

As far as I know, there's no language translator inside CATIA. You can save the asseembly like txt file. This will give you the tree structure in a txt file (something similar with your tree structure in CATIA, only products and parts names).

You can translate this file with the help of an internet on-line translator.

If you will expand your tree at a convenient level you will find much faster your part (I think you can aproximate where is it your part with the help of that txt file).

Regards
Fernando

Catusr, (you probably already know this)

You can also right-click on the geometry and use CENTER GRAPH to highlight the part in the tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back