Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Install Solidworks 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

pboss65

Automotive
Aug 27, 2001
US
Have SW 2013 installed on a server and the shared drive is mapped to the clients, with SW start icon on the users desktop. Error received is "The version of SW has not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier (A100,68) Trying to codeserve the application (similar to my CATIA installs, which work great) and my VAR has never heard of anyone trying this with SW. Anyone tried this approach yet? Any tips?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have not tried this, but it would seem to me that SW would perform much faster installed on the local drives & use a SNL (SW Network License) rather than an (assumed) stand alone license.

I have seen one company do this (when I worked with a SW reseller), however it is not the typical install as SW is designed to work locally on workstations. I don't remember any details of how the one company set it up, but they never did have good graphics display while I worked with them, it may have got better as network speed increased.

if you want multiple people to share one lic. I would recommend changing it to a networked version, small fee to change the type of lic. and then you can install it locally and it accesses the lic file on a network.

all the best
snowshoe2

I agree with snowshoe about getting the networked version. It is very easy to use and works perfectly (for us at least).

I think you could, however, do a brute force version of this and install the software on multiple machines and then check the license in and out. It is certainly not as convenient as the networked version, but you can do this with the software. Look up "Transferring a SolidNetWork License" in the SWX Help. "To transfer a SolidNetWork license to a new or upgraded computer, first transfer the license to the license key server at Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation, then reactivate it on the other computer."

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back