Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Service Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbiomed

Bioengineer
Jan 26, 2001
US
As an independent service provider (self employed medical equipment repairman) I am regularly questioned about the hourly rates I charge. Sometimes I am asked why my rates are so high but I am equally asked how my rates can be so low. This has caused me to question if I am charging properly. I charge sixty-five dollars an hour and do not charge travel time within fifteen miles. What do you charge and what is your feeling on travel time. Please post your opinions as I am sure others are interested in this subject.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For us here in Greece we charge about 40 bucks an hour and start charging travel time from over 30 km.We also get this kind of behaviour also.We have customers that always thanks us for low prices and we have others that we need one hour to do the job and one more hour to convice them that the work we've done is normally paid by this amount.YOu are doing quite good

I owned a sterilizer repair company until I sold it in 2000. I was charging $90 but because I was working in the Chicago area that was no problem.

General Biomed i have seen start at $50 and go to $75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back