Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Saddle for Vacuum Sewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineerd

Civil/Environmental
Apr 24, 2006
US
I am working on a project where I have a 6" HDPE SDR 11 vacuum sewer line (along with other pipes) inside an aluminum utilidor approx. 2'H X 3'W with 4" boardfoam all around. I need to find a SS service saddle with a 2" IPS X approx. 10" MIPT nipple at 45 degs. Since this is a 2" lateral service to a vacuum sewer line we can't connect to the 6" at 90degs. I have been in contact with Romac and are working on fabricating a saddle but I was wondering if anyone had seen any other service saddles with the nipple oriented at 45 deg.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I looked into this for connection new service laterals to the vacuum line and I never did find a wye saddle that works. You can always cut the pipe and slip in a wye with gasketed coupling.

I believe there are manufacturers of lateral type saddles or sleeves for at least some material type pipes/applications, but I understand there might be problems with some lateral connections in general to the pipe material you talk about, due to rather pronounced axial recoil/thermal etc. movements possible with this piping in at least some applications/installations. Whoever you get to do this probably needs to be familiar with such issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back