Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sessions and greyed out parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryBreaker

Automotive
Oct 4, 2002
AU
Hi

I have a Session with 30ish parts passively loaded in.

One of the parts is greayed out in 3D space window.

The part is not shown in 2d draw views.

The draw views have no filters on them.

I've been into the part as single, and the part is not in No Pick, and the visiblity is correct to show it in colour (and not grey!)

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Rory

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe that if an element is set to not be shaded, it will not be generated in auxview2 update. If you go into that individual file set the icon to shade. If it doesn't
shade go to graphic > visualization > discret?? (then pick the one opposite HLR only, sorry my memory isn't that good) then key in *sol, *vol, *fac, *ski whatever you have in there. This will set the elements to be shaded.

Also check the graphic thickness of element in the odd file. Typically It seems like most models are set to the
second line thickness available. If an element is set to the first line thickness it will be dehighlighted( greyed-out). secondly check to see if the linethickness choices
follow the same lineup as one of the other files.
should be something like .10 .200 .40 .80 1.0 (if your metric).

If neither on of those work, I would open one of the good individual files, delete everything in it, save it with a
new file name. then merge the data from the odd one into the newly created file. This should work if previous options didn't.

Hope one of these works for you.

Hi,

May be the solid is selected under auxview2/.../.. in one of the advenced option you can set : use/dont use, cut / dont cut... this is another way of telling catia to use or not the solide you have in session. beside this option there is another one with which you can tell catia show/no show ( and other option) edge, primitive, solide.

So you should check somethink like that. the other option is that your solide is not uptodate in your session (this could be different from the file itself depending the way you saved your session)

Hope someone can give more information about auxview2 option, i am working with V5 for so long i almost forgot all those wonderfull options and parameters in V4 !!!(-:

I wont have a V4 before 10 days so wait till october 28 to have more info from me..

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back