Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Set a point load on the surface of a curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCrush

Mechanical
Apr 21, 2001
US
I'm trying to set a point load on the surface of a curve. is this possible or am I have some sort of operator malfuntion. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't quite follow what you're trying to do. Surfaces and curves are distinct entities in ProMechanica.

If you're trying to put a load on a point along a curve you'll first have to make a point on that curve to select as a point load.

To apply a load to a curve which is a boundary to a surface you'll have to delete the surface, add the point on the boundary to the surface and then create the surface again and add the load onto the point.

Make sure that the elements near this point have nodes on the point if you're autoGEMing the surface, if they don't try deleting the surface again, splitting the curve at the point you've gcreated and creating the surface again.

If you want to add a load at a point somewhere in a surface, you'll have to split the surface into more surfaces, so that there's a point on the surface you can pick to add the load to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back