Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting lineweights for dimensions in AutoCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoWittyHandle

Geotechnical
Mar 24, 2003
US
How do you specify the dimension lineweight in AutoCAD? When I specify a dimension lineweight (say 0.25 mm for example) in the lines tab of the dimension style box, then close the dimension box, the dimension setting always reverts to the default lineweight. I can get around this by choosing a color for the dimension lines, but I curious as to what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your responses.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, that's not what I'm looking for. I am trying to set the dimension and extension line thickness separate of the layer thickness. There is a selection in the lines tab of the dimension style dialog box that lets you select the line weight, but it doesn't save my selection. On another note, I discovered that the line weights will default to the settings in the plotter style.

If you have plot with plot styles selected in the plot options, it will default to the line weight plotter styles. This means that your line thicknesses are being pulled from the plotter style. Try changing the line weight for the color that your dimension line is in the plot style table editor.

Maybe a way would be to pick the dim, type in CH (change properties), set the extension lines LW and then toggle the LWT button. To do more dims, just use Match Properties on other dims.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

I ran into the same problem and here is what I have found out that works.

LWDEFAULT = Default lineweight ex .25mm = 25
DIMLWD = -2(default)
DIMLWE = -2(default)

Let me know if this works for you. It takes a little bit of playing with, but once it's set I haven't had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back