Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting multiple boundary cond. at one outlet/inlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricK35

Mechanical
Feb 6, 2009
I am working on a centrifugal pump model and am having a number of the same problems that were mentioned over the last few months on this forum, i.e. results that show unrealistic pressures, flowrates that differ between the inlet and outlet, etc. Mike Cool, you mentioned that it is possible to set more than one bond cond. on a face (inlet or outlet). How can you do this?
In all of the results so far (using a local rotating region, real walls, inlet vol. flowrate & outlet static pressure, or vice versa) the boundary conditions end up being ignored in some cases when the computation finishes, and more troubling, the flowrates at the inlet & outlet do not match at all. How is this possible if mass is conserved? I used water at 70 F, 25 psi (suction pressure).
Thank you for your help.

Eric

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was wrong in stating that two boundry conditions can be set at one inlet or outlet. What we do is set one boundry condition, and multiple surface goals at each inlet or outlet.

Mike Cool
Mechanical Engineer
American Stainless Pumps, Inc.
Los Angeles California USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back