Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting problems and Results in FEMAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieFierro

Mechanical
Mar 2, 2018
IT
Hello community,

I linked here a dropbox file where you can find the geometry and the model setting.

I want to give a clear vision of the problem.I have 2 surfaces that are linked togheter with titanium bridges. The aim is to impose an expansion, due a thermal load, to the external/big surface and to transfer the displacement of the holes of the Big surface to the holes of the little/internal one,

To do this, I've used the following elements:

1) RBE3 elements for the holes;

2) Circular tube Beam elements as the connection elements between the 2 surfaces.

So, I linked togheter the holes of the 2 surfaces.

The loads that I applied are 3 thermal load, on both the surfaces and on the beam elements, by the way, because i don't want any kind of thermal expansion on beam elemetns and on the internal surcafe, i put a coefficient of thermal expansion = 0 for both the materials, in this manner, I can set a thermal load without any kind of expansion.

The constraints that i applied allow the big surface to expand, I need to have the surface at the centre free to move in the space.

I set an non linear advanced static analysis but i can't understand how to modify the loads/constraints/elements that allow me to have the desired deformed body.

More important, i can't understand why the internal surface do this strange movements in the space.

I really need the help of an expert because this is my MSc work started during my Erasmus, but never completed because at the end of the project, the erasmus coordinator can't help me to solve the problem (because he never faced this kind of problem) and my local coordinator uses Ansys and so he can't give me a concrete help to properly set the software.

If you can, modify my model on dropbox.

Thanks in Advance

PieFierro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back