Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting TEMPLATES folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonT1124

Mechanical
Apr 12, 2012
US
Hello,
I am a relatively new Pro/e user and I am having trouble setting my default templates folder for parts. I know the local disk ptc folder is where it is directed now, but I have not found a config option to change it. I want to make changes to part templates I have stored on a network drive and have pro/e look there to start instead of having to search each time. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

start_model_dir sets the default template folder
You can put both your start parts and your drawing template files in that folder on the network drive.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I have tried setting that option and it does not seem to work. I've read that there are some issues with network drive syntax. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

I've tried the following:
\\server\user\folder

I always use a mounted drive with no spaces in the path name.

G:\solid\start_files

Not sure if Pro/E understands \\server

Another thing, if start_model_dir is set in config.sup, you can't overwrite it.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

It's just a text file like config.pro, edit it the same way. it lives in <load_point>\text

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

I'm a genius, give me a LPS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back