Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup right mouse button for object snap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renasis

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2002
US
Hello,

I have used this setup ever since I started working back in Autocad 2003. Basically, you setup your right mouse button to bring up the object snap menu. It is awesome and I am suprised these cad packages do not set this up as the default. So, now I am working with Draftsight, but I am not sure where or how to modify the package files(in Autocad it was acad.mnu or acad.mns) to enable this. In Autocad the snap menu was POP0. In Draftsight, I think they call it ESnap Overides. When you right click in Draftsight, it does show this menu, but it is a sub menu(see attached)....I want it to be the main menu when you right click. I want it show up in every context when I right click.

Does anybody know how?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In General:
Here is how to setup your right mouse button to bring up a specific command:
1.Tools\Customize Interface\Mouse Actions\Right Clicks

The problem that I have found is that the Right Click command does not work.
The other commands (Shift+Right Click, Ctrl+Right Click, and Ctrl+Shift+Right Click) do work as far as I can tell.

2. If you know how to program and can follow what Draftsight is doing, the customization file is located here:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\DraftSight\1.2.265\UI\english\application.xml

In your case:
Change any of the three working shortcuts to "ESnap Menu"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back