Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shaft current transformer for hidrogenerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelvex

Electrical
Jan 17, 2010
RO
To protect hydrogenerators bearing it is used shaft current transformer installed around it and a relay attached to the transformer.
I looked at various companies but I did not receive any answer. My question is if you can provide me the names of companies that produce these transformers and the relays which is connected to this current transformer.
Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@nelvex:

The original patents for the shaft current transformer and associated relay belonged to ASEA of Sweden. Very likely this system is still available from ABB. Do a search of the ABB library and you may find what is currently offered. Or google shaft current protection.

rasevskii

Hi,
I got an answer, but the ABB say they no longer manufacture the relay abb Raric, although on their website is this relay. In the Raric prospectus is listed also the transformer relay. So far I have not received any response. Is it not important that relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back