Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shallow water jack up process production unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chembloke99

Chemical
May 6, 2009
AU
In a shallow water jack up, I need to provide an overview of design of process operations.

The shallow water jack up will first perform the drilling operations and thereafter remain on location as the production unit. The content is 97% wet methane with no contaminants expected.

I referred one field operation manual of an offshore gas production platform. Can I employ exactly the same principles for Process Design of the jack up as it was for the Production Platform.

The fluid contents is similar but the gas flow rate is much lower for shallow water jack up (40 MMSCFD) compared to 400 (MMSCFD) for production platform.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated. I would be really grateful if someone can provide URL for information on design and operation of offshore process unit.Many Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shallow water production platforms can be small or very large. Pemex operates offshore platforms with sweetening, dehydration and compression at nearly 1500 mmscfd at about 50 meters depth. Among the differences is that you make all of your own power, water, etc. Any hardware such as a 6-32 screw is delivered by a service boat. You need to comply with API, MMS and USCG offshore standards.

Thanks JLSeagull for your reply. I am sorry, I didnt follow you properly. "Among the differences is that you make all of your own power, water, etc." Does it mean that these system are usually not provided for shallow water jack up??

In the field operation manual, the following operations were mentioned:
1. At first the three phases should be separated using high pressure separator. The vessel would provide for a liquid (condensate and water) retention time to separate the gas, condensate, and water.
2. The gas should be then filtered using High Pressure Gas filter separator to remove all free liquids and prevent contamination of glycol.
3. The gas should be then dehydrated using glycol contactor and regeneration system
4. The gas should then be routed to the glycol filter separator which would remove entrained glycol from the gas.
5. Then through the Process Gas Scrubbers, the carried over liquid particles were removed from before the gas would enter into the Process Gas Compressor.
6. Finally the gas goes to Sales Meter Skid Filtered condensate is mixed with dehydrated gas and exported.

For condensate separation, Condensate coalescers were provided.
For water treatment, hydrocyclone is provided for separating oil and water. The water produced was dumped. And the oil produced goes to slop oil sump.
For fuel gas system,the dehydrated filtered gas is used.

Is it possible to inject the same water that is obtained from the production unit into the well in order to increase the efficiency of the well?

Is it economically viable to have all these system for a shallow water jack up for gas production of 40 MMSCFD. the production is expected to last for 4-7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back