Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share with me your knowledge and experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikkelgrauballe

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2012
DK
Dear forum and to whom this may interest,

I recently started on my Masters, focusing dynamics and vibrations, which is the reason why I write to you guys.

I am looking for the best book, blog, pdf,, community - you name it - that can help / inspire me within the field on both the theoretical and practical aspect of dynamics and vibrations spanning from FEM modeling to Experiments, signal processing and so on...

I have already acquired these two books which I am really fond of and would like to recommend:
“Harris’ shock and vibrations Handbook” sixth edition
“Engineering Vibration” by Daniel J. Inmans

Having found only few really good webpages like this one, I am therefore really interested in knowing your favorite blog/page that you think I should follow, a list of great pdfs/ matlab scripts/ excel charts or whatever information that you feel like sharing with a student who knows that he wants to be within this field for many years to come.

I am also on the look for some kind of Amateur/Home-Scientist-setup where I can practice and measure different set-ups with my PC.
I am certain that this will benefit more than just me, since many students come visit this site, so I sincerely hope that you would like to contribute with whatever you have on your heart 
Best Regards, Mikkel Winsløw Grauballe
Master Student,
Engineering Design & Applied Mechanics.
DTU, Technical University of Denmark
- I am looking for your information, database and inspiration

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check out Vibration Analysis for Electronic Equipment by Steinberg. Also, Vibration Spectrum Analysis by Goldman.

Tobalcane
"If you avoid failure, you also avoid success."
“Luck is where preparation meets opportunity”
"People get promoted when they provide value and when they build great relationships"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back