Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

sheet 2 format

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmclaugh

Mechanical
Jul 30, 2002
US
In 2006 drawings, when I added a second sheet I was able to have the second sheet default to my second sheet format. Now that I have 2007 installed it no longer defaults to my second sheet format. Either I have forgotten the right way of setting this up or it has changed in 2007. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tools > Options (System Options tab) > Default Templates
Pick "Always use these default document templates" instead of "Prompt user to select document templates".

SW07 SP1.0

Flores

Also ...
Before you always upgrade to a newer version:
Start/All Programs/SolidWorks/SolidWorks Tools/Copy Options Wizard. Save the settings to a location where you can find it.
After upgrading, restore this file (same steps).

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

In 2007, I no longer get the option to pick the sheet size whenever adding sheets to an existing drawing. The templates file locations are correct, and the setting I posted above is set to "Prompt user to select document templates".

I have to right-click the drawing and choose the drawing size there (A or B). Is everyone else having this problem or is it just a hidden setting I haven't found yet?

Flores

In SW07, when I create a new drawing & then add a second sheet I have to specify which sheet format to use. (Previously it defaulted to the first sheet format.) After selecting the format for the second sheet, the addition of subsequent sheets works normally.

A simple workaround for this was to create a new drawing template (.drwdot) with multiple sheets. Then the "Add sheet" function works as per normal.

[cheers]

I will try ctopher's advise about using the Copy Options Wizard in 2006 and applying them to 2007. Even with multiple sheets, I do not get the option of choosing the sheet size.

Flores

Hello Friends,
Just open the Template file (Example B-SIZE.[red]drwdot)[/red]- goto -File -save sheetformat- save the file (Example B-SIZE.[red]slddrt)[/red]. This file should be same path where the *.[red]drwdot[/red] files are maintaining and give the same name.The file extensions are only different.
now goto
option- file locations- sheet format- select the path that just created the *.[red]slddrt[/red] files

now if u add 2 nd sheet in drawing u can get the 2nd sheet default.

regards,
Murugan.S
India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back