Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheet Metal Bending Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman454

Industrial
Apr 25, 2002
US
Can anyone recommend a sheet metal bending program. We bend multiple gauges of stainless steel, with up to 10 bends per piece. The bends are all done on the length of the sheet, so a 3D unfolder is not necessary, but can be considered. Something where I could draw out the profile and it would tell me the blank width and bend points would be ideal. I know there is similar software for bending pipe, but I cant find anything for bending sheet metal.
Thank You.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SolidWorks is nice for this but $$$. Not as much as most CAD software but in our sheetmetal shop this is all we have used since 1999.

Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.

Hi pacman454

We at WiCAM have a product called PN4000 that is a complete
2D/3D/NC intergrated sheet metal cad/cam package. In our software we have a 2D function that can provide the exact solution you desire. Create 2D profiles that will automatically create 2D flats with bending points.

Pacman, you didn't mention which CAD program you are currently using, or if you want a complete software package. If you are using Autocad, or Mechanical Desktop, we have had great success with Autopol. We used the add-on package to make create and unfold sheetmetal parts. I no longer use it because we are using Solidworks which has a built-in sheetmetal modeler.
Check out Autopol at:

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back