Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheet Revision Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdME

Mechanical
Mar 7, 2013
US
Still no luck as far as getting my questions answered maybe this one will be the winner. I'll admit I'm probably posting questions where I'm giving solidworks more credit than it deserves. The way our company handles revisions is that each individual sheet within a drawing has its own revision. It's not the conventional way but our approval process involves signing each individual sheet by three different people: drafter, checker, approver. Back to the task at hand. Our revision tables insert accurately where each sheet gets a custom property revision once the table has been inserted. For example, Revison-Sheet1 for sheeet 1, Revision-Sheet2 for sheet 2, so on and so forth. Unfortuantely everytime we Add a Sheet the Titleblock Revision doesn't update it stays at $PRP:"Revison-Sheet1" so that every sheet is at the same revision as sheet 1. I obviously have to either edit the titleblock template or create a macro. I prefer editing the template if I can. I feel like there's a way to edit the titleblock template since the Revision Table has the intelligence to do this automatically already. Again I'd appreciate ANY help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back