Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheetmetal Edge Display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy71

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2006
US
I have some formed parts that don't display the edges near the bend in the isometric view of the drawing. Is there a config.pro option that controls the display of the edges?

Thanks in advance,

Farmboy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use Black on white color setting the edge disappearance is due to the sheetmetal driving surface color of green which doesn't display well or at all when plotted.

I made a Mapkey to swap color plot the file and switch color back to Wildfire settings.

Michael

I can see the green fine. I did try the black on white and the edges still didn't show up. They also don't display when I print a monochrome(black on white) .pdf file.

I've fiddled with various display settings and I can't find the one the turns on the edge display. I'm relatively new to Pro/E so I'm probably just not looking in the right spot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Farmboy

You can set it by the View Properties. They are called Tangent Edges.

I originally thought you were refering to actual edges which for sheetmetal parts plot poorly for the Green Edges.

On the Display Tab there is an option for tangent edges. Your drawing probably has this set to none. You can set the tangent edges to display as solid Hidden or Phantom Font.

Michael

[jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back