Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sheetmetal Flat Instances 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAJINKAJDAN

Industrial
Jun 17, 2004
US
I am working with 4 basic sheetmetal parts. What I want to do is have a generic hot rolled steel part with 2 instances for each part. One will be stainless steel and the other will be aluminum. I need a flat instance of the generic and a flat instance of the stainless steel and aluminum instance for manufacturing since the developed length of the bends differs for each one. The problem I'm running into is that it seems to be overly complicated to create these 3 flat instances. Going through the normal mouse clicks, I can get a flat instance of the generic and one instance. When I try to create a flat instance of the second instance of the generic, the option is greyed out.

The only work around I have found for this is as follows. First, I have to clear the family table for the part and lose the altered instances I've already created. Create a flat instance of the generic and then delete that same instance from the family table. I can now create my 2 new formed instances, open them both and create flat states of each instance and a new flat state of the generic. The conflict seems to be the fixed surface. Once I can create a flat state without having to pick a fixed surface, everything is fine. By this I mean that Pro-E defaults to the surface I picked during the creation of the first generic flat state.

I'm finding it really hard to believe that I can create 100 flat instances of the generic but cannot create a flat instance for 2 formed instances of the generic.

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. It just seems that there should be an easier way of doing this.

Using WF2 release M040

Thanks again.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back