Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sheetmetal parts as option on import ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSRCHSR

Mechanical
Sep 7, 2002
US
I'm on version 15 so bear with me on that part..
When opening an .xt file as an assembly is it possible to create the parts as sheetmeetal parts ? all parts default to .par files. I need sheetmetal parts as that's what they are and I need to flatten them ?
Currently I'll have a customer send the assembly xt as well as all individual files as xt's..
thanks in advance.. Craig

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is possible to create a flat pattern from a parasolid (.xt file). You will not need to recreate or change it to a sheet metal part. The flat pattern will come out as curves.

V15 was quite a while ago so I don't remember the exact procedure how to create that flat pattern, but check under the Tools (pull down) > flat pattern.

You will need to make sure your bend, and other, factors are set correctly set. I think you set them at Preferences (pull-down) > sheet metal

Maybe check your HELP documentation, or if you have CAST, for a better step by step procedure.

I am not really sure what a .par file is.

I'd move the thread to the solid edge If I could..Lol

.par =solid parts cant flatten..
.psm sheet metal can flatten..
need quicker way to automatically create .psm files on import..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back