Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Simulation by ASPEN EDR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZL

Chemical
Jan 28, 2010
SA
Gentlemen,

I installed ASPEN exchanger design and rating recently. Currently, I’m trying to be familiar with it by simulating the existing exchanger in the plant I work for. I developed a simulation model for shell and tube heat exchanger based on the available data sheet. When I run the model, error message went up that the heat load between the hot fluid and cold fluid is not consistent. I would like to know how can I resolve this error.

Another problem that the hot fluid passes the heat exchanger from the tube side not the shell side while the cold exchanger passes the heat exchanger from the shell side not the tube side. ASPEN EDR only has the tube side for the cold stream and the shell side for the hot stream. I would like to know if I could change that in ASPEN EDR.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would start by recommending that you contact the user support, they are fast end efficient. Are you sure that your problem does not relate to overspecifying the exchanger? If you specify Tin/out for both sides and flow rates then you have overspecified the HX? I cant remember the type of error you get with EDR, but sometimes they can be a bit vauge as i recall it.Im 100% that you can specify which side is cold and which is hot. Keep looking (or ask support :)

Best regards

Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back