Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shock Response Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmann

Aerospace
Jul 15, 2004
US
I have a time history for a system that was subjected to some kind of shock load. The data was acquired using a triaxial accelerometer. The problem is to use this data and predict the magnitude of the input shock. Shock spectrum analysis has been suggested but I doubt that'll tell me what I need to know. I have tried determining the transfer function for the system, but unfortunately, my initial conditions are not zero. FRF may work, but I have initial condition problems also. One equation that I have derived actually gives me the input load but I have yet to test it. My next step is to use energy methods to describe the system. Before that, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I thought this would be straight forward!!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Let me get this straight.

You have a triaxial time historyof acceleration at one point on an undefined object being hit in an undefined way by an undefined impactor, and you want to predict the time history of the forces at the unknown point(s) of contact?

What else do you know about the systems involved? What approximations can you make?

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back