Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short Circuit Current Ratings in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricard

Electrical
Jul 9, 2008
CA
Does anyone perform power system studies (short circuit studies specifically) in Canada? I do many studies in Canada (being that I live here) and I have come across something I probably should have asked earlier in my career: are UL 508A and NEC 2005 Standards and Rules regarding SCCR applied in Canada? To date I have not seen anything indicating that they are or that there is some equivalent CSA standard. I just spent about a day looking and came up with nothing!

What do other Canadian engineers and analyzers consider standard practice for SCCRs when dealing with something like a splitter/distribution rack or other field-assembled equipment with no published rating? I am thinking of starting to use Table SB4.1 from UL 508A as a conservative assumption but if there is something more appropriate for the Canadian market then I would rather use that. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back