Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Hidden Component in Section View

Status
Not open for further replies.

GladwinJay

Industrial
Jun 29, 2004
US
I have two part question.

#1 I have fully detailed section and views, the parent view had a component that was hidden. I right clicked, edit-and removed the hidden component from the view style/hidden components list. But I cannot do this with the section view. Is there a way to show the hidden component in the section view?

I found this thread ( no luck.

#2 Is there a setting or preference to keep this from happening? I don't want components to be hidden in drafting by default.

Thanks
J

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of NX are you running?

BTW, I just tested this using NX 8.5.1.3 and I had NO problem whatsoever going to...

Assemblies -> Context Control -> Show Components in View...

...selecting the newly created Section View and selecting from the list of currently hidden Components the ones which I would like to see in the Section View. Note that after completing this step you must make sure that the Drawing views are updated before the newly visible Component(s) will be properly rendered.

The only practical way to do what you seem to be asking, that is that you want to see the components in your Section Views even if they've been hidden in the parent view but you don't want to perform any edits to the Section Views (like I described above) once they've been created, then your ONLY option is create all of your Section Views BEFORE you start to remove Components from the other views on your Drawing. There is NO option that I'm aware of which will FORCE the display of a Component in a Section or Detailed view if that Component was already Hidden in the 'parent' view at the time that the Section or Detailed view was being created.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back