Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

siemens GT 94.2 125 MW combined cycle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo2eyes

Electrical
Nov 9, 2011
why two system control operated in same time after that the turbine
immediately trip
no one know why this is happens ?
1. frequency load operation
2.speed control

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello any body know's the answer ?
i know that is turbine in operated in iran - dubai - south africa - egypt - Occupied Palestine

Post a question in English and maybe we can help you.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

i am sorry but i did not know that my language is too bad like this really i think u cant understand me cause your native language is english !!!!!!!!!!!!!

my question is
i have a siemens GT 94.2 125 MW we got 8 speed control systems
for start up - load limit generator - temperature control - frequency control - speed control - frequency load operation
when 2 systems are in operation in same time the turbine reach a block mode so i have to stop the turbine or it takes trip

when the turbine is connected to national grid 2 system control enters the operation mode after that it takes trip or i stop the turbine
i hope u under stand me and i hope to correct my language or help me to develop it
thanks

This is pure conjecture because you don't give much detail.

But here goes.

First you don't have 8 speed control systems, some are load and temperature and possibly acceleration.

What should happen is that the control mode in action should be the one with the smallest deviation between setpoint and actual value.

If two control modes are controlling at the same time, then you have a problem with the setpoint of one of them.

For example, if you are in load control and increasing load, and temperature control comes in then possibly the temperature control setpoint is too low.

It would help if you would tell us which of the two control modes are in at the same time.

But.... personally I would call Seimens

Let's see, if you are synchronized to the grid, the grid controls the speed. So it would seem to me that if you are in frequency load control and in speed control at the same time that they would conflict with each other.

On the other hand, I am not familiar with how Siemens defines each of the control functions. Some are obvious, such as temperature control or frequency control, but define exactly what the two control functions you are conerned about mean.

rmw

really we have 8 control modes i wrote our turbine type Siemens 94.2
but unfortunately i did not find valuable details about this turbine in the internet

we have 7 or 8 control systems
1.start up control
start from 33% from nominal speed means from 100 rpm means from opening the control valve to 2850 rpm means when the excitation is started
2.speed control
from 2850 to 3000 rpm (when the turbine is connected to the grid )
if the turbine takes trip this mode comes again
3.load control
operated when calculated out let temperature equal 490 Celsius degree
4.temperature control
when the calculated out let temperature Celsius degree reaches 512
5.load limit generator
is a protection to generator is a monitoring to generator slots when it reach 90 Celsius it decrease the load to decrease the slots temperature
6.frequency load operation
increase or decrease the load to keep frequency 50 hz
7.speed load operation
island mode

HELP SYRIA

HELP SYRIA

Do you mean that when the generator circuit breaker opens both the frequency load control and the speed controller become active? This does not sound normal: the speed controller should be the active controller when the circuit breaker opens.

Od do you mean that the speed controller becomes active while the generator is synchronised to the grid, and the unit then trips?

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

yes circuit breaker opens when frequency load control and the speed control become active and the turbine be operated in 3000 rpm not connected to the grid

HELP SYRIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back