Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIEMENS: I/O, NCDDE AND DCTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

STS1SS

Computer
Feb 2, 2008
US
I have a done a few searches and not found what I am looking for, so here goes...

First I should probably say internet searches in general have resulted in finding posts by "experts" saying the SIEMENS VB control DCTL will not work on the .net framework/VS-2005. This is false. So please do not tell me it can not be done, it can. I am not going to pretend to know why so many fail, all I know is that if the control is properly referenced it works fine.

OK, what I am looking for is more complete information on the DCTL control. EG: properties, events etc. The SIEMENS documentation I have found so far is limited. Specifically there are arguments I can not find adequate references to. I have tried searching SIEMENS directly, but without any luck so far.

All I am attempting here is to write a utility to read the PLC and NC I/O and a few other variables like axis positions etc. I am able to do it fine now, but I know there is a more efficient method. If I could get a handle on the complete description of the DCTL control I'd be set.

TIA

Regards,

Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't see any relevant info at tek - tips

I would contact your siemens rep - they should be able to put you in contact with an applications guy with the relevant knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back