Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIEMENS icd file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvejicv

Electrical
Feb 13, 2009
RS
Hello to u all,

I have questions regarding icd files related to SIEMENS devices and differences between this vendor and others (GE, SEL, ABB...etc).
Procedure that I have used for definition of GOOSE messages (sending/polling) worked nice between two SIPROTEC devices. i.e.
1) Allocate signals to System and from System in DIGSI for each device (dedicated for further work in DIGSI system configurator)
2) create IEC 61850 station, import two devices
3) and through Configurator create GOOSE application and define sources and destinations
4) update P-Set and load to HW (device) - and everything will work fine.
But, in case that I want to connect, for example, GE and SIEMENS through GOOSE - problem (and my question/s):
1) If I use DIGSI System Configurator for GOOSE application definition and allocation of Source/Destination - one direction will work - i.e. GE messages as Source and SIEMENS messages as Destination. But, To define SIEMENS signals as Source (sending) and GE signals as Destination (polling) - is impossible.
2) Also, in case that I have to use SIEMENS icd files in other SCD configurator - I cannot get DATASET definition, and GSE Control part (after small investigation - found that SIEMENS is encapsulating this portion in EN100.map file that is generated after update of P-set).
Anyone knows how to provide these definitions in SIEMENS icd file through DIGSI Configurator?
And more simple - anyone tried to interchange GOOSE messages between SIEMENS and any other vendor (if yes - how)?

Thnx

Vladan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back