Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens S7 V5.3 automation license mgr 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidley

Automotive
Sep 22, 2005
GB
Hi Guys
Following a windows update, both of my pc's will not run the automation license manager.
Message from that is The "Automation License Key Service" has not been started! Please start the service.
Tried re installing S7 & license manager etc. no joy.
S7 reports "unable to connect to license manager, then no key found.
S5 & S7-200 still run ok.

Any help gratefully appreciated,

Nigel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We had this on one of our Dell laptops....

as I recall we resolved it by:

-De-installing Automation Licence Manager
-Installing the old AuthorsW 2.5x
-Re-installing Automation Licence manager
-De-installing AuthorsW

It's worth a try anyway....

Hello,

When installing the new Step 7 professional (2004 SR3) I have another problem. During installation of the Automation License Manager I get the error "Cryptographic provider initialization failed (PlugIn SCP3)." Now each time I reboot I get the same error. Keys can no longer be read, nor on the harddisk, nor on floppy.
In the event viewer I get similar errors :
- Warning PlugIn Almpgiipcx.ALMPlugIn CocreateInstance failed with 0x80040154
- Warning PlugIn ALMPlugInSCP3.ALMPlugIn CocreateInstance failed with 0x80040154

I tried deinstalling and reinstalling everything (even with AuthorsW), but no success.
Siemens did not have an answer to this problem and suggested to format the harddisk and reinstall everything - operating system + all other software.

Also, make sure you've got the latest version of ALM. I had some problems with an earlier version of ALM. Siemens tech support sent me a link to a newer version and my problems went away.

--------------------
Bring back the HP-15
--------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back