Siemens USB PC Adapter firmware upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0net

Chemical
Mar 20, 2008
CA
Hello everyone,
I have USB MPI+ cable v1.2 and my OS is win Vista ultimate I think i need to upgrade to v1.3 and in order to do that one end of the cable needs to be connected to the PLC and the usb to the computer, my question is that if to do this will it change any thing inside the PLC or no?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As in all plcs firmware versus software has a certain lockstep.

I think there was a siemens matrix on compatibility of firmware and software for their plcs. I would post this on the siemens website, they would be better to give you an answer then here.

But as first glance I would not think the version of MPI firmware cable would make much different to the plc like the minor revision that you are stating. But I know siemens revisions were major when even incremented on a minor from 1.2 to 1.3.

Again post on siemens website or call their support.

You'll need to upgrade the firmware inside the adopter, not anything on the PLC!

And I'm a bit confused why "one end of the cable needs to be connected to the PLC and the usb to the computer"?! Only the PC-end should be connected for upgrading.

Which PLC are you working one, BTW? S7-200? or 300/400?

Sorry for the late reply,
I am using S7-300. This cable I got from ebay, its not the original Siemens cable.
However I just realized that it does not support Profibus and my PLC and HMI are connected through Profibus. Anyone have any idea as to how to modify the cable to work with profibus?

Thanx

What are your objectives for using this cable? You originally indicated that you'll connect the PLC with a PC using this. Your PLC should have an MPI port besides the Profibus DP port. This cable will connect to that MPI port.

What is the part number of your S7-300 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back