Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sigma1- sigma3 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChessFalconer

Industrial
Oct 30, 2005
GB
Is there any posibility to use plnsol (or other command) to plot the diferent between principal1 and principal3 stress (Tesca)? thank you very much

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
more generally, if you're looking for the difference btw two result variables, then I know a way by using Element Tables:
- create an Element Table for each of the two result variables, say S1 and S3 (see in the Element Reference Manual which ETABLE corresponds to the desired value of the involved element type); OK, with S1 and S3 there is no need for that since it is SINT by definition, but it's just to have an idea. Call the two tables as you like, say TAB_S1 and TAB_S2.
- use SADD command to "add" them together (in reality, by specifying a negative multiplier the "add" becomes a "subtract"):
SADD,TAB_SINT,TAB_S1,TAB_S3,1.0,-1.0,0.0

Hope this helps or gives some ideas...

Regards

pln, s, int is the same than plnsol, s, int? and? is that in fact sigma1-sigma3 or is (sigma1-sigma3)/2? I will use the sugestion of element tables to check it. Thank you very muck TGS4!

Now I remember I studied in a handbook of ansys something similar than you are sugestion cbrn, in the work I have done I didn´t use element tables and probably is an error, sometime I think I use too many "precook" commands :). Thank you very much for the sugestion!!

I been out for some days that´s the reason why i couldn't say you thank you before, is simply fantastic to have the answer of a question the very day I make the question. I promise to study more in order to only make good questions. Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back