Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SigmaNest and Amada lasers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not personally. I would guess that 50-75% of my customers use it. Their customer service use to be a lot better but is still pretty darn good. I was at a customer last week that was using it on their fiber FOL AJ. It could use little fine tuning but not bad at all.

We have 2 older 3015 and use array nesting with G98 lines and that works fantastic but SigmaNest can't get the G98 line working. If they took the best of AP100 Alfacam and mixed it with SigmaNest that would be a great program. I guess the 20% of us that use array for nesting just have to deal with issues all the time.

That is really strange. Maybe sigmanest thinks there nesting software is so awesome, why would anyone use a G98? You and I know the reason, memory. When I said they had good customer service, I spend a entire day on the phone with them tweeking the post for your style machine. We made a program, tried it, we would want to add A6 for some material and A7...they made a new post, we tried it and then we wanted to add G121. Back and forth all day. They software guy never got upset, he never got short, he just kept helping us until the programs were perfect.

My point is, if you just ask, they may be willing to make an improvement. It not only helps you, but all of us. If you do decide to ask them to make a change, get a hold of the sales rep. Apperantly the help desk isn't very speedy on getting things done.

We've been working on the post for our 4 lasers now for over 2 years and I still don't have a working post. When we get close they give us a new guy to work with and we have to start from scratch. We are on our 5th guy and finally this guy is great so we should be up and running real soon. I like the G98 line because it's so easy on the older lasers to find your spot when you have a problem. Plus when you have to deal with new people all the time it's easier to teach them some people just don't have a clue and I seem to find them.

I am pretty sure I have seen programs come out of sigmanest that have a N after each completed part. It's not as easy as changing P4 to P5 but you could possibly show new folks how to put in a GOTO.

There is a guy that use to contribute to this forum quite a bit. He worked for sigmanest for a while. I will see if he has any ideas how to make your life easier.

The friend of mine I mentioned is at Fab Tech this week. After I asked him for some help, appearently he went over to the simganest booth. I am not sure who he spoke with but I believe it was to someone who has the ability to do something.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think there are one or two folks who read this forum. Please let us know if all the sudden you make progress on what should be a simple issue for the right people to resolve.

Hi Laserdog,

any way you can email me your .pst, .tec & .pas files?
I wouldn't mind having a look over them, I did a bit of post work on Amada & Siemens. It's been a while but i may be able to help.
Cheers

Hello Laser Dog,
I work at SigmaTEK and someone did come to our booth inform us of someone with an Amada Laser who requested some help.
If you want to provide me with your information, I can take it from there and see what needs to be done.
You can PM me here or just email me at work. kevink (AT) sigmanest (DOT) com
We will try to get you sorted out.
Thanks for using SigmaNEST.
Kevin

Laser Ninja, If your friend's initials are MS. I think we have the same friend.

Kevin Keane
SigmaNEST Product Manager: Toolpathing, Machine Motion, Post Processing
SigmaTEK Systems

We have Ryan as our rep and he's doing a great job so now we are on the right track. I was looking for others that have the Amada 3015 and how they use SigmaNest because of the low memory. Ryan got more done for us in two visits than everyone in the last 3 years

Laserdog,
OK< I am happy to hear that you got taken care of. We have three people named Ryan working here.
Best Regards,
Kevin

Kevin Keane
SigmaNEST Product Manager: Toolpathing, Machine Motion, Post Processing
SigmaTEK Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back