Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signal Generator Work Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmazzuc1

Aerospace
Sep 25, 2012
US
Hi,

I am trying to use simulink to test multiple actuators depending on the type of control, longitudinal, collective, lateral etc.. I have my simulink model set up where I can make the actuator type selection via GUI to feed my simulink model the parameters for a longitudinal, collective, lateral control etc.

I am at the point where I want to use the signal generator to test various performance requirements specific to each actuator. Is there a way I can select which index signal I want run without simulink generating all the signals in the signal generator? I have tried doing this manually using a multichannel switch, but the run time is slow because simulink calculates the signals even if they are unused.. So what I am looking for is the most efficient way that can be interfaced with GUI.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It doesnt seem like there is an enabler. Thats why I had to use a multiswitch along with all of the output ports from my signal generator to select which signal I wanted to pass forward.

Generating my signal would be possible, however It wouldnt be practical if I needed to modify any of the signals quickly.

Solution found. You can change groups from the command window.

e.g. if I have a .mdl named mike, and lets say my signal builder is in a subsystem called hello this would be how to access it.
You can also double click on signal builder block and get the 'mike/hello' reference from the bar at the top of the signal builder GUI.

signalbuilder('mike/hello','activegroup',(enter group index #))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back