Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silly Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasmcgrew

Agricultural
Apr 12, 2006
US
Hey Everyone,

I just finally upgraded to AutoCAD 2007 from 2005. It seems really slick. I have it customized the way I like it except for file icons in Windows Explorer.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, the icons for files from AutoCAD 2005? It isn't a big deal, but I would think I should be able to find it somewhere. I've tried looking pretty extensively on Google, but found nothing.

I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum earlier. I must have accidentally clicked on the Inventor button instead.

Thanks in advance and for humoring my silly request.
--Nick

Nicholas P. McGrew
SW 2007 SP2.1
AutoCAD 2007

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Icons are usually embedded within other files exe, dll, etc...

A program like IconView can work with them to extract them.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

I know where icons are embedded and how to get them out, but I don't have Autocad 2005 installed anymore. Thats the problem!

I was wondering/hoping that someone else may have the file to extract from, or know of a place that has it.

Thanks anyway.

Nicholas P. McGrew
SW 2007 SP2.1
AutoCAD 2007

Thank you very much!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for the drawing file icon mostly, but I think I will download both.

It's not a big deal, but when you see something a certain way for so long, it's hard to change.

Again, thank you for humoring me.

Nicholas P. McGrew
SW 2007 SP2.1
AutoCAD 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back