Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Simatic TI 505 32pt AC input module dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamabelew

Electrical
Jan 17, 2005
US
I am working on making an adapter to convert the terminal connector of a TI505 module (edgecard). I am having difficulties locating information on the connector. Unfortunately, I do not have access to an actual card.

The main information I require is:

-How many copper traces on the edgecard? is it 40?
-What is the center-line to center-line of each trace? 0.1"?
-Is the edgecard dual sided? I would think it is

I guess the final question would be does anyone have a "spare" terminal connector they would be willing to donate or sell to me?

Thank you
Adam
aardvarkeng@gmail.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have a 32 point AC input card on hand, we only use DC inputs. On a 32 point DC input card there are 36 traces, 20 on one side and 16 on the other. The Center to center distance on the 20 side is around 0.3, on the 16 side it has groupings of 4, the 4 tracings in a group are about 0.3, with about 0.6 between groupings. I believe all the 32 point input cards use the same terminal, so the AC one is most likely the same as the DC. CTI sells I/O modules for the 505 series, perhaps they will sell you a termnial connector,
You could also try some of the repair shops, such as

Actually, I asked the customer the same question. We feel that he is not "comfortable" programming and understanding the PLC. They are an A-B user so we are converting to SLC-505. I want to have so that we do not have to modify the wiring at all; just disconnect the terminals on the TI505, then plug into my adapter that is connected to SLC and snap fingers as well as click heals together. We are converting program directly (we have done this successfully before).

Thanks for the response. I have figured out what I want to do, but parts are 12 week delivery. Now back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back