Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SimOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

giveithere

Aerospace
Dec 1, 2008
AU
Just wanted to ask if anybody here has tried SimOffice and what they thought of it? I am looking at an under $10k commercial FEA application to install onto Windows Vista to run with Inventor and was recommended to SimOffice but I can't seem to find any reviews on it anywhere.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SimOffice or SimExpert or ....., there are several names for it.
I heard about it a few years back and then it was mentioned as the successor to Patran. What I heard then was that is was so inmature that it was practically useless. But that was a few years back, perhaps it has changed. The only real information that I have seen is on MSC's own website.

If you are interested, why not ask MSC for a demo.

Regards

Thomas

I have reviewed SymExpert recently and had a demo. It is a scripting package that adds on to, say, Nastran that allows the user to produce dedicated input, solve, and output interfaces. The aim is to sidestep Patran and input model variables via a GUI. MSC have sold suit systems to companies to allow expert and non-expert FEA people to run parametric type of analysis without having to do it long hand.

The version I saw (R2 I think) couldn't do what I wanted and so wasn't pursued. Of course I was told the next release was in Beta Test and would be wonderful.

giveithere,

I wanted to create a geometry, meshing and solver for a specific product type. It could have done it but not at the standard I saw it. Cost was also a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back