Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Simple non-CAD CoGo software? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhumm

Structural
May 2, 2003
US
I'm trying to verify and backcheck some baseline information (curves and tangent lines) and workpoints that were taken from InRoads for a bridge project.

Can anybody recommend some simple, non-CAD programs that can do coordinate geometry?

...with MSI (non-EXE) installers or similar, due to lack of admin rights on a work computer...

I have some Excel worksheets that will do some basic geometry calculations, but looking for something that already has some of the heavier math figured out and coded. And my company somehow still has a working copy of MBL CoGo (by M.B. Lipetz and Associates, written in 1981...???), but hoping to locate something that isn't DOS-based.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a copy of CivilSoft COGO, but it's DOS and I haven't used it in years. It may even be on 5.25" floppies.

A quick internet search for //coordinate geometry software// turned up which is labeled as free, and quite a few others that I didn't look at. I know nothing about these programs, but something here may work for you.

==========
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

I used to do a quick check our land survey's legal descriptions by just typing all of the bearings and distances into a basic script file in plain AutoCAD. I'll second fel3's suggestion and I have also had used Colorado DOT's COGO add-on for AutoCAD. I think it ran in it's own user window, but I can't recall if you could run it completely without AutoCAD, see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back