Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple online monitoring system

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKL8

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2003
MY
Hi,
I'm looking for idea for a basic online monitoring system, whereby my requirement is to only trend the overall levels. No spectrum required. I need to monitor a pickup roll both locating and fixing ends real time. However, I'm not sure what kind of hardware I would need for this setup. My requirement is to obtain the vibration signal from a pair of permanently mounted accelerometers and sent the signal to a stand anlone PC for processing and trending, preferably via an Ethernet card or serial cable. Is there such a hardware? I do not wish for a feature-packed or elaborate equipment. Just the basic one.. Hope anyone who has the experience of using one could provide me with some info.
thanks
KL

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

TKL8: Check with National Instruments ( they make hardware and software for data acquisition and analysis. They can be connected to a computer either near the accelerometers or remotely. Check with the accelerometer manufacturer on the effect of long cables.

Regards
Dave

Dear Sir:

We make an online system that is very low cost, and does just exactly what you mention. Please call me at 865-212-0006 and I will be happy to explain the Model 2000 to you.

Sincerely,

Buddy Lee
President
MAARS, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back