Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simplified bolt on FEM study

Status
Not open for further replies.

admincae

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2010
RO
Hi all,

I working in domain of engineering, and I encountered a problem with some bolts. More precisely with pretension loads+working loads on bolts. My input data it was the 3D body, characteristics of bolts. The scope it was to find were the bolts are fractured and how can be optimized the structure in a manner in which the bolts must resist to applied loads.

I used ANSYS Mechanical APDL. If the model is simple, is not necessary truly to made a FEM study, but in my case the geometry is complex.

The bolts have nominal diameter 16[mm]. In FEM model I use minimum diameter 13.51 [mm] (I neglected the thread of bolts). When I apply the torque of 250 Nm on him, the values of tension have value approximative to yield limit of bolts material (resistance class 12).

My question is how to simplified FEM model of bolts in ANSYS, in a manner to obtain the same effect like FEM study of detailed bolts (with thread).

I will appreciate very much your advice and solution which can help me.

Best regards

Mess with the best die like the rest...ANSYS is the best !!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back