Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simplify assembly in NX 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanNX

Mechanical
Jun 9, 2005
SE
I want to ask why there is difference in behavior in Simplified Assembly wizard, when using unite all command.
First case is when using Extrude dialog during simplification sketch is made so sketch lines are collinear with edges of components.
Second case is when using Extrude dialog during simplification sketch is made so sketch lines are in small (1 or 2 mm) offset from edges of components.
In first case Unite All command in Simplify Assembly wizard give one solid body, so all bodies are merged in one simplified solid, in second same command gives one solid body that is extrusion and inside of it multiply solid bodies that are components. In second case after simplification is finished, and if regular Unite is used all bodies merge in one.
Question is how to make one solid body with simplified solid edged offseted from original components, without using Unite after?

PS. I have two short videos that show both cases, but I do not know how to upload them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back